  From: Jan Kneschke <Jan.Kneschke@kiel.netsurf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 06:17:49 +0200 (MEST)

Re: vision-driver

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, David Waite wrote:

> [...]

look for the following lines in 86c96x.c:
        setup.MISC |= (mode->x.polarity > 0) ? 0 : MISC_NEG_HSYNC;
        setup.MISC |= (mode->y.polarity > 0) ? 0 : MISC_NEG_VSYNC;

please add the following line after this two lines:
        setup.MISC |= (setup.MISC & ~MISC_CLOCK_MASK) | MISC_EXT_CLOCK;

the whole time the misc-reg was set to 0x23 -> 25 Mhz Clock. the new settinh
enables setting via CR42 like we want it.

> >- when the module exits the old card-state is restored.
> >

> neato.
it has to be done.

> >TODO:
> >- get a working picture.
>
> I can get 800x600x32 to work on the ramdac/clock driver, although I was at
> 74Mhz at the time (which explains a bit)
>
> 16 bit mode doesn't appear to work for me.  I haven't gotten a 16 bit mode
> that has synced, but the one visible picture I've gotten did not look like
> it was being written to correctly.
>
> -David Waite

thats all
  Jan

---
       Project: GGI - S3-Vision-driver -- http://www.ggi-project.org/
         -)=  Jan (Weigon) Kneschke -- Kiel -- Northern Germany =(-