  From: Jan Kneschke <Jan.Kneschke@kiel.netsurf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 00:25:31 +0200 (MEST)

vision-driver

hi, all you out there,

like promised i've put this weekend my head into the vision-driver. i
thought i could start and finish this job at one day only, but i failed. i
missed the deadline, so please hit me. .)

i can only offer you a status-report for today. moday will bring you a
semi-working version. the working version is expected on tuesday.

status:

- the PCICFG_VADDR-hack is gone. it is replaced by a more general version
that will be used in the s3-common-driver, too. i will pollish it a bit more
and will propose it for all the other drivers out there because every driver
are is doing it its own way.

- the driver in cvs wasn't cappable driving higher clocks the standard
vga-clocks (25Mhz, 28Mhz). this is fixed now. (if it worked i don't know why)

- when the module exits the old card-state is restored.

TODO:
- get a working picture.

BTW:
'echo "blubber" > /dev/fb1' should give some garbage on the screen, no ??
a 'cat /dev/fb1' gives me the 'blubber' back which means that the text
entered some memory, but oviously not the gfx-card-mem because the screen
stays black.

thats all
  Jan

---
       Project: GGI - S3-Vision-driver -- http://www.ggi-project.org/
         -)=  Jan (Weigon) Kneschke -- Kiel -- Northern Germany =(-