  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 00:40:32 +0000

Re: Improved debugging system for libggi

WHS wrote:

> Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> >
> > Andrew Apted wrote:

> > > That sounds better to me.

> > Well, this scheme was designed to make debugging faster for people
> > that know what they're doing. Mere mortals just set GGI_DEBUG to
> > 255 and post th eoutput to the list.
>
> I know what I'm doing and I know this is a kludgy system, nothing to do
> with knowing/not knowing.
> As I said, you're never going to remember those bits and having to add
> bits to get output is a nuisance at the very least.
>
> > If you want more different debuglevels I won't object to it, but
> > please keep the ability to turn on full debugging for different
> > sections with a mask.
>
> I'm not going to change libggi, at least until gsi 0.7 is ready, but as
> you're doing these debug changes you should consider doing it. It's
> really a lot easier. I've attached debug.h I use at the moment.

I will remember them, and it will help me debug libggi, which I
expect I will be doing quite a lot in two or three weeks or so.
If you prefer another system I'm not stopping you from adding it.
But as it wont help me I'd rather spend my time coding other stuff.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se