  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 11:46:54 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Graphtype names

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Andrew Apted wrote:

> Now that we're using the new graphtype scheme, we need to update the
> ggi_mode parsing & output routines to cope with it.  Here is what I
> have in mind, and I'll implement it if there are no objections or better
> ideas :
>
> The string format of the graphtype will be:
>
>     '[' [ scheme ] [ depth ] [ '#' size ] ']'

Am I the only one who doesn't like that '#' character in the middle
(and the '#' for virtual size as well) ?
It's a comment in many scripting languages.  How about a '@' instead?
(Or any of !$%^&*| :-)

Also we should require a dash or some other character to separate the
fields, to be consistent with the whitespace-is-ignored rule.

> where <scheme> is one of :
>
>     'T' for GT_TEXT
>     'P' for GT_PALETTE
>     'C' for GT_TRUECOLOR
>     'K' for GT_GREYSCALE  (or 'G' if you prefer)

Ok, what does 'K' stand for?

While we're at it, remove the "double textmode identifier" field that comes
before the graphtype.

>     (NOTE: case insensitive)

Just notices, the ggiParseMode delimeters are case-sensitive!  Change that
too...

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org