  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:38:55 +1100

Re: default/fbdev/s3/virge.so

Jos Hulzink writes:

>  I still stay with my opinion
>  that the way coloursetting and clipping is treated by GGI is completely
>  nonsense. It forces me to do at least 6 if-statements for every accel call
>  made (check: fg colour, bg colour, clip left, clip right, clip top clip
>  bottom)

In my understanding of the GC, you only need to reprogram the hardware
state (e.g. do a ViRGE_set_colors) when the GC has _changed_, and
there's a number in the GC that tells you when it has changed.

Don't know how it works for big buffers of accel commands though, I'd
probably think that having extra accel commands for changing contents
of the GC would be a good idea.

>  and one programming GGI must do ugly tricks to get his lines and
>  boxes in the colour he wants.

like this: ?

  ggiSetGCForeground(vis, &my_color);
  ggiDrawBox(vis, x, y, w, h);