  From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Niklas_H=F6glund?= <niklas@canit.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:24:31 +0100

Re: default/fbdev/s3/virge.so

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 04:16:58PM +0100, Jos Hulzink wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, [iso-8859-1] Niklas Höglund wrote:
>
> > OK, that explains it. How do I get libggi:s configure script to enable
> > genkgi? (I always get an errormessage when running libggi-using
> > applications that genkgi.so can't be found.)
> >
> > (And I'm pretty sure CopyBox isn't accelerated.)
>
> Don't forget... we're dealing with ViRGE... don't expect miracles...
>
> Accel almost is slower than PCI burst... :)

In 1024x768x16, I got a 20x speedup on CopyBox (according to "demo"),
this almost makes XGGI useable.

To get acceleration to work, I had to disable ping pong
buffers. Before I did, I got this message from GGI_DEBUG=255 ./demo:

   GGI_genkgi_drawbox() called
   Terminating on signal 11.

Also, enabling the CopyBox accel gives strange effects around the
mouse in XGGI, and when moving around windows. Enabling the DrawBox
accel makes the text in demo be partially obscured, as if drawbox
draws to far to the right which then wraps over and erases a triangle
in the bottom left of the text describing which test it is about to
perform. Does someone else observe these things, or is my virge sicker
than other virges?

Also, the accel engine seem to believe that the card is in 24 bit
mode, when it is set to 32 bit; it only uses 3/4 of the width of the
screen and the colors are wrong.

--
						Niklas