  From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:58:57 +0100 (MET)

Re: Idea: Form for bug reports ?

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
>
> >----- snip -----
> >LibGGI - Bug report form
> >------------------------
> >
> >1. General questions:
> >
> >1.a) What platform are you using ?
> >[ ] Linux [ ] Solaris [ ] Irix [ ] *BSD [ ] other Unix: ________
> >[ ] other (like Win, OS/2,...): _________

The used version of the platform is also important. Especially for Linux
might be interesting if linux 1.x, 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x or 2.3.x is used.

> Hardware platform is also important. There might be issues caused by
> unsuspected int sizes and endianness.
>
> Evt. system libraries (libc version etc) might be interesting.

Agree.

Questions about KGI should be also added. I think it is important to know,
if someone has tried to compile a KGI driver with KGI/Dali or KGI-0.9.
When KGI question goes to be too complex for a common Bughunting, I
suggest to generate a seperate Bug report form for it.

Which target the problemprog uses might be interesting too.

> 	Christian
> --
>
> Drive A: not responding...Formatting C: instead

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de