  From: GGI Mailinglist <ggi@mluwis17.wiwi.uni-halle.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:32:08 +0100 (CET)

Re: ATI Mach64, XGGI ...

> > Hello,
> >
> > I compiled the KGIcon Driver [Snapshot from Nov 16] for the ATI Mach64
> > Videocard and i'm not able to set up videomodes above 720x400, perhaps i
> > haven't the right videotimings for my monitor.
>
> Have you used the setmon utility that comes with the CVS download? By
> default all KGIcon driver assume you have a old 640x480 VGA monitor.

Yes i used also the sample file from the Samsung multisync

> > But there are 2 other
> > problems: only 8bpp modes seem to work, if i switch to 640x400 and 16 bpp
> > i see a black screen.
>
> > If i try to use XGGI in the 640x400x8 Mode
> > [640x480x8, 720x400x8] it seems that XGGI runs with 1bpp, i can only see
> > blue or black.
>
> Thats strange. When you start the X server and get a xterm run xdpyinfo
> and look for info on the visual you are running.

i've noticed another strange reaction,

today i tested a little assembly program which changes the color palette
in 8bpp mode, but it doesn't seem to work, the palette entries stay the
same with or without change, but after the syscall bit31 in eax isn't set,
this means the syscalls was sucessful.

On another computer with cirrus Logic 5464 Chipset and KGI Module the
program works fine.