  From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:43:19 -0800

Re: Glide 3 sources released!

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 11:51:54PM -0800, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> 	3Dfx has released the sources for the version of Glide 3 which
> runs as a part of an X/Glide/Mesa/DRI assemblage.  There should be a lot
> of info in those sources that can be used in the KGI driver....

Yeah, this is really cool (especially since I have a voodoo3)

I'm hoping to talk 3dfx into releasing source for stuff to use on the
older voodoo graphic/rush/2 cards, but I just got a message from Andrew
Fear at 3dfx telling me about it (I already knew--hadn't had time to email
him about it yet though) so it may be a day or two before I know what they
can do, and probably longer before they actually do it.

Within the last month alone we've seen Creative Labs come forward with
source for SBLive! cards (which BTW it sounds like they're starting to
come together nicely--I can't wait to get mine) and now 3dfx too...  These
were two of the most visible holdouts as far as opening source or specs
for their hardware went, so I'm very much pleased to see them both doing
an apparent 180 on the whole open source issue.  Good for them.  =>

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3