  From: Stefan Mars <mars@lysator.liu.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:33:43 +0100 (MET)

Re: Idea: Form for bug reports ?

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Andreas Beck wrote:

> > Back in the old days, did not someone attempt to put up a web interface for
> > bug management, like the debian DBTS, or bugzilla?
>
> Yeah - Marcus had a (homebrew ?) bug management website up. However it looks
> like it wasn't used frequently.

No, that was me. It had to be homebrew since I didn't have access on the
machine to install a more "real and complete" thing. Didn't turn out to
well, and wasn't to much used, but maybe the time for a bugtracker wasn't
right at the that moment.

> Using a web interface would be pretty inconvenient for me (launch X, start
> some multimegabyte browser, go online for extended periods of time, ...).

Uhm.. there is this thingie called Lynx you know :-) But you somewhat
right. Preferrably a bugtracker should support web _and_ email.

/Stefan

| Stefan Mars              |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
| Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology                 |
| S-584 36 Linkoping       |                                                  |
| Sweden                   |Email: mars@lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
|         Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at          |
|               http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html               |
\--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/