  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:16:19 -0500 (EST)

Re: Statement: Graphics Support for Intel 810

> I can add that in the past few weeks, there was a mail from - they said
> so - developpers from intel who were developping linux frame buffer
> drivers the i810, they were saying they would release it soon, this
> occures after James Simmons made his FB howto available; they were
> interested in the 2D, 3D fb acceleration but they could not wait for the
> kernel 2.2.5 to be released. They seemed pretty in a hurry.
> (Did I  caught it well James? )

Wow!! This makes me very very happy that my documentation was used by a
big company like intel to write a framebuffer driver. Yes I helped some
guy out with writing a i810 fbdev driver. I just never realized he was
from intel. He did push for 3D stuff but I told him that fbdev doesn't
support high end graphics but their is 3D support in the works (/dev/gfx).
I haven't talked to him in about a week. Last time he wrote me he had the
famous blank screen which was blue and asked what might of have caused
this. I don't have his email but I would be interested in getting his
support for my direct rendering project. The person I was working on this
with from SGI left SGI recently for another company. So we will both be
working together to get a real direct rendering engine going on linux. I
have a freind at VA research so I'm going to see if I can get a web site
and mailing list and cvs to work on proper accel engine handling :)