  From: Julien Tayon <jtayon@easter-eggs.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:53:06 +0100

Re: Statement: Graphics Support for Intel 810

Andreas Beck wrote:

> Hi Tong, hi list:
>
> As I keep getting queries about the Intel 810 chipset, like this one:
>
> > I have a PC with Intel 810 chipset too, and I am having trouble getting
> > it work under Linux. I saw your message to the forum at
> > <ggi-develop@eskimo.com> asking about this question.
>
> I will give the state of Intel 810 support here, so others searching the web
> will eventually get the answer as well:
>
> Intel will not give out technical documentation for the 810 chipset.
> Not even for a bigger customer of Intel that designed an embedded
> application for this chipset and had asked us for writing a driver for him.
> The customer solved the problem by adding a third party graphics board.
>
> > I wonder if you have solved the problem, and if you do could you please
> > share it with me?
>
> The problem has not been solved by the GGI/KGI community due to the
> abovementioned lack of docs.
>
> However: I have heard, that precision insight has an X server for the Intel
> 810 chipset available. I can not tell anything about its quality or license
> or whatever, though.
>
> CU, Andy

I can add that in the past few weeks, there was a mail from - they said
so - developpers from intel who were developping linux frame buffer
drivers the i810, they were saying they would release it soon, this
occures after James Simmons made his FB howto available; they were
interested in the 2D, 3D fb acceleration but they could not wait for the
kernel 2.2.5 to be released. They seemed pretty in a hurry.
(Did I  caught it well James? )

Julien Tayon
--
Easter-eggs                            Linux System Integrator
17 bis rue du Dr Zamenhof  -  92500 Rueil Malmaison  -  France