  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : Tristan Wibberley <bloater@ps.cus.umist.ac.uk>
  Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:13:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: web browser for ggi

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Tristan Wibberley wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 08:32:34PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
> > Has anyone tried building a web browser for ggi? I was
> > thinking just of something to render html (perhaps based
> > on Mozilla's rendering engine?) onto a ggi target,
> > though a full web browser would be useful too.
>
> The easiest way to port mozilla is to write a mozilla gfx widget
> implementation which uses libGGI.
>
> To support windowing for one application you could just put a taskbar at
> the bottom and switch between otherwise full screen mozilla windows. This
> would be a useful generic kiosk library.

As a mite of a bit of curiousity - has anyone looked at how possible it
is?  I'm just downloading mozilla 'cause I just had this unexpected urge
to play with Javascript (wonder if it could be used in a videogame? :)

I'll take a look at it one of these days otherwise....

mucking about in X and not enjoying it... but it beats windows... G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis