  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

Re: XF86FBDev Debian binary

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Joseph Carter wrote:

> > > It will if you use a framebuffer driver.
> > >
> > > It'll be slower than XF86_SVGA, but it'll also take much less memory.
> >
> > XGGI will be faster than XF86FBDev, and take less memory. ;)
>
> And one of these days, it'll actually work too, instead of requiring I
> run the server, change to a different console, and start running
> clients...!
>
> (using sleep to start things in the background hopefully after the server
> starts up didn't work at all)

	The new XGGI binary can be dropped-in to replace XF86_whatever, fix
the link in /etc/X11, and it should work fine if LibGGI works.  That is
what I have running here and it works perfectly.  I too could not get the
stupid sleep thing to work, but you shouldn't need it at all.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed