  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 13:26:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Linux generic inputdevice layer, first release for testing(fwd)

On Sat, 1 May 1999 becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> > Forwarded from linux-kernel, for those who don't read it. Thought it might
> > be of interest for everyone here...
>
> Hmpf ... again ... they really seem to _HAVE_TO_ roll their own ... :-(
> That really helps me to put some time into something different again ...

Yes they do. One thing I what to tell you is I have spoken to Vojetch and
he is one of the nice kernel developers I have meet. He is very willing to
listen. Also he really liked the idea of GGI console and that's why he
started the unified input code. Its like ggi console but watered down
enough so linus doesn't disapprove. As for it relationship to the console
code. Well he is afraid to touch it. He just wants to unify the input
devices. One nice thing is he also is working with the USB group to unify
their patches. I'm tring to work the console code around his patch as well
as mine. Hopefully we will get a sane console system then.