  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : dok@fischlustig.de
  Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 22:38:09 +0000

Re: Dynamic linking problem?

Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:

> Marcus Sundberg´s crap from Die, 04 Mai 1999:
> > Impossible to tell what the problem is from this, except that the gdb
> > output suggests something is writing where it shouldn't.
> >
> > Could you send a GGI_DEBUG=255 and a strace log as well?
> > Also, does the X target work?
> >

> I recompiled everything again, maybe I forgot a make install somewhere!?
>
> X works as before.
> DGA works only if the X server is already in the right mode.

This is because you hardcode the virtual size.

> Xlib tells me it cannot set the right mode, I tried to
> preset the right mode, too.

This is because you hardcode the number of frames. Also note that
the Xlib target doesn't have any DirectBuffers, so you'll need to
add support for such targets first anyway.

Also the size and dpp fields of ggi_mode are not initialized. They
should be set to GGI_AUTO. I'd however recommend you to to use
ggiSetSimpleMode() instead of ggiSetMode().

> FBDev does not work with my vesafb(ywrap) or rivafb kgicon (TNT),

Probably because the hardcoded frames. Run 'fbset -i' and check the
ypanstep entry. If it's zero you can only have one frame on those
drivers. Otherwise I'm not sure what might be the problem.

> but it works with matroxfb (Mystique).

> BTW: Do you know why there is flickering using FBDev or DGA
> although I use doublebuffering (or panning in FBDev), AGP problem?

Are you sure that you are really using double buffering? The current
CVS version of Clanlib are not using it:

0 ~/src/ClanLib $> find | xargs grep to_back
./Layer1/Display/GGI/display_ggi.cpp:   m_target->to_back();
./Layer1/Display/GGI/target_ggi.cpp:void CL_Target_GGI::to_back()
./Layer1/Display/GGI/target_ggi.h:      virtual void to_back();
0 ~/src/ClanLib $> find | xargs grep to_front
./Layer1/Display/GGI/display_ggi.cpp:   m_target2->to_front();
./Layer1/Display/GGI/target_ggi.cpp:void CL_Target_GGI::to_front()
./Layer1/Display/GGI/target_ggi.h:      virtual void to_front();
0 ~/src/ClanLib $>

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se