  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 12:56:10 -0700 (PDT)

Re: GGIMesa + KGI Savage4 driver update

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> >
> >         I did some more work on the GGI target in the Mesa CVS tree today.
> > The missing top-level GGI tree which contains the demos and ggiglut.c was
> > comitted and a bunch of makefile fixes were also.  Everything builds and
> > installs correctly, all the shared libraries load properly, etc.  gears.c
> > runs
>
> I take it then that you have not updated your LibGGI for a while,
> or else it wouldn't work. ;-)

	I updated and rebuilt everything yesterday.  I think it still works
because 'make linux-ggi-install' manually patches libggi.conf.

> Because we want the possibility to install extensions independent from
> LibGGI (like LibGGI installed on system and extension in homedir), and
> because we don't want LibGGI to keep track of every extension in the
> world, libggi.conf does not any longer try to include external config
> files. Which in turn means that you can not use _ggiAddDL() to add
> extension sublibs.

	I already fixed this.  Well sort of.  The old code with _ggiAddDL()
was working enough to load the libraries and execute them.  I realize that
this is deprecated and it will be fixed.

> There is a new function:
> ggi_lib_id ggiExtensionLoadDL(ggi_visual_t vis, const char *filename,
> 			      const char *args, void *argptr);
> to be used instead. As the arguments shows it takes a filename
> instead of a suggeststring. Have a look at lib/libwmh/ggiwmh/init.c
> in CVS to see how little code is required to have the extension manage
> it's own config file.

	Will do.

> Oh, and keep up the good work, it would be really nice to have
> Quake III running accelerated on LibGGI. ;)

	Oh yes.  That's the plan |->.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'