  From: Jacek Konieczny <jajcus@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:28:43 +0200

Re: GGI S3 ViRGE drivers (fwd)

On śro, 26 maj 1999, teunis wrote:

> forwarding on request

There are problems with S3-ViRGE (and nothing beyond then) chipset
AFAIR there are no problem with S3-ViRGE /DX and /GX

[...]
> > > 	If I am running an X-Server on another virtual terminal and
> > > I insert the module, the system does not freeze.  The screen goes
> > > white with a blinking black cursor.  I can then switch virtual terms
> > > (NOT to the one with X on it) and the text becomes readable.  Then I
> > > can switch runmodes or otherwise kill the X-Server and everything
> > > works reasonably well. (cube3d, XGGI, etc)
Woow! You have found a workaround! Now I can play with KGICON on my ViRGE too :-)

> > > Does this point to some kind of bug in the initialization of the chip?
I hope it is the needed clue for the driver developer

Greets,
  Jacek
--
!      ,  !            Jacek Konieczny, Gliwice, Poland            !