  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:13:53 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Strange fb-stuff?

> > > to 1168x876, I first realised I only had 51 lines, as opposed to 54 lines
> > ? How do you find that value ? Count some cleverly drawn lines ?
> No. I write 'resize', and that tells me how many lines.

O.K. - you really meant "lines". I had mistakenly thought you were talking
about the pixel-width, which you claimed to be 1054 before, which would have
made me wonder 1. why it went _down_ when you wanted to bump it up to 1068
and 2. how to measure that.

> > Look at the virtual resolution. The card does not seem to allow anything
> > between 1152 and 1280
> > 1024*1024/1280=819.20000
> Aha! So I'm using up the memory for virtual resolution...?

Yes.

> > > pointer (gpm) cannot move outside the space the screen took before I
> > Kill and restart it.
> OK. I don't know how this will work if I have different sized consoles,
> but I don't really need that.

It won't work. GPM is just not designed for it. EvStack was able to do it ...
:-).

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>