  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:13:42 +0200

Re: Norwegian keymap for XGGI 1.6.1 + bug?

> I've noticed a few things while I've been using XGGI 1.6.1 that probably
> shouldn't be there. When I change consoles, (ALT-Fx), this keycombo is
> sent to the active X window, causing emacs to divide into 2 or writing
> "~x" in my Eterm window.

Hmm - one might call that a feature ...

> Also, CTRL-left/right doesn't have any effect in
> XGGI, but it should change consoles to the left/right. I don't know if
> this is a ggi or an xggi problem, though.

This is kind of a console problem. I consider it a bug that we have to
handle that stuff inside LibGGI and thus can theoretically (and quite
practically as well for badly written apps) lock out console switching.

LibGGI emulates the basic console-switching abilities, but not the Next/prev
console feature, as more often than not, this is rather undesireable
(I'd like to be able to turn and shoot at the same time :-).

> And I'm seeming to have some trouble making xggi die when I press
> Ctrl-Alt-BS. I tried both of my CTRL-keys, but neither worked.

The server killing can be diallowed by a commandline switch ...
Maybe you are running it through some wrapper that sets -dontzap ?

> And one last question: can I run XGGI under X? How?

Just start it. You'll have to tell it to go to something other than display
:0, though, as that one is already occupied by the primary server you will
run it on.

Using my infamous "xggi" script, I just say "xggi :6" or something like
that.

> And if I'd like to run multiheading under X (so I get 2 windows with X
> under X), is that possible?

Sure. You can either start as many X servers as you want, or use the
-targets option like this:

hades:~$ xggi :6 -targets "(x):(x)"

CU, Andy

--