  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 13:35:53 +1000

Re: Independent Multihead

John Weismiller writes:

>  My first problem that I have run into is this:  When the lk401 is in
>  UPDOWN mode [I believe] that it does not send key repeat messages.
>  Therefore, I think there I would need an alarm of some sort.  I
>  presume that it would not be a good idea to use an alarm, seeming as then
>  the application would not use it.  Is there something in libgii to call a
>  function after a certain delay, or some type of alarm that I could
>  reliably call?  Or is there another way around the key repeat? (I guess
>  one could just ignore it...)

It's valid for the driver to just send evKeyPress & evKeyRelease events
(it doesn't _have_ to send evKeyRepeat events), but yeah some programs
(e.g. nixterm) would prefer to have them.  I'd say don't worry about it
right now, it is more of a "goodie" than a necessity.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <ajapted@netspace.net.au>      \/