  From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 13:59:57 -0700

Re: matrox mystique and ggi

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 07:47:04PM +0000, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> > > Ok, I enabled it in kernel.  But when I tried to run quake 2, it SCREWED
> > > up that console bad, and I had to switch over to the next one to do
> > > stuff(Till I reboot).
> >
> > Yes. SVGAlib doesn't work well with a console that is already in a graphical
> > mode.
>
> Especially not with Matrox cards as they are completely unsupported.

The Matrox cards newer than the Millennium (I) have support in the form
of the VESA driver.  The Millennium itself is supported somewhat, you get
a little stupid warning message (Oak driver: Unknown chipset (id =  0))
and it's a little quirky in some apps.

The matroxfb module supports svgalib's VESA driver and the XFree server.
It doesn't support svgalib's use of the Oak driver.  kgicon doesn't
support use of anything but the fbdev Xfree server and libggi.

<_Anarchy_> Argh.. who's handing out the paper bags  8)