  From: Gernot Ziegler <gz@lysator.liu.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 17:09:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Using Directbuffer write pointer in kernel

Hi !

I am just trying to improve my tool application for a video card with GGI
DirectBuffer:
I would like to pass the DirectBuffer->write address to a kernel module,
which then writes it to my PCI video card, which in its turn writes the
digitized video signal to my graphics card (Complicated sentence, I know
;) ).

But the address I get from DirectBuffer seems to be a userspace address,
and this is nothing the kernel module can write directly to the video
hardware.

I suspect this has something to do with userspace->kernel space
conversion, but I have no clue about these things  - is there any
possibility to realize this conversion, either in the user space program
or in the kernel module ?

Thanks for the help ! :-)
  Gernot

T                 The Austria <=> Sweden connection.....                 T
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                 E