  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 16:18:34 +0200

Re: libggi2d

> I would like to run the demos from "libggi2d", but
> they seem to not want to run for me.
> When I try and run, this is what I get:
> # ./demo
> Asking for mode (0x0 [0x0]  0bpp)
> display-fbdev: ioctl(VT_GETSTATE) failed: Invalid argument
> Got mode (640x480 [640x480])
> white=255
> grey=240
> darkgrey=224

Then what ? In my case they used to display a screen asking to press a
key, and then segafaulted, if I did so.

I have tracked the problem and corrected it. Will commit to CVS in a few
minutes.

> does anyone have a LibGGI2D based sample like
> the demo's that works ?

The problem is not in the demos, but in the installation. The ggi2d
rendering libs get installed in another place than what the libggi2d.conf
assumes. Moreover libggi.conf does not by default .include the
libggi2d.conf.

I have patched that up and added a warning to the main code, that informs
you of such misconfigurations.

Should appear in the snapshots tomorrow or something.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =