  From: Ketil Froyn <ketilf@ifi.uio.no>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 14:20:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Fonts & XGGI

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> This is done by using the '-fp' command line option. You can see a full
> list of commandline options with 'XGGI -help'

Yes, but it didn't say how to specify many fontpaths at once. I'm assuming
that it is -fp /font/dir1:/font/dir2, that's how Andreas wrote in his
answer. I tried that, and I also tried several -fp options each specifying
a single path, but none seemed to work, so I had to ask :)

> > And where can I find what keycode is what key on the keyboard(questionmark)
> > Is that part of the GGI or GII source(questionmark)
> This depends on what keymap the LibGGI target is using and can't be
> documented for all possible cases. You can use the 'xev' utility to
> find out the keycode of any key.

OK, thanks.

> What do you mean "accel is on"? There is not way to turn off accel in
> LibGGI or XGGI.

Oh... Well, I set modes with "fbset 1152x864x16 -accel true". I noticed a
significant difference in text-mode speed when I didn't have -accel true.
Is this just me confusing some concepts or what? Let me see if I
understand it correct this time: Text mode is not libGGI, but once i use
gfx, then libGGI turns on accel?

> Beta2 did not have any acceleration on matroxfb, so there's no wonder
> it's slow... ;) Upgrade to beta2.1 which will be released in a few
> days and you'll get acceleration. Ofcourse it won't be as fast as
> XF86_SVGA for Matrox boards, simply because XGGI is not a fully
> accelerated X-server and Matrox are the most accelerated cards in
> XFree, but there will be a very noticable improvement to unaccelerated
> XGGI (or XF86_FBDev).

Not as fast isn't a problem, but this slow is a bit of a pain ;>

Ketil Froyn
--
He who Laughs, Lasts.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/