  From: tentacle tentacle boat <ttb@greenbytes.cx>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:29:29 -0400

Re: Gearing up for yet another GGI war at linux-kernel

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 11:24:07PM +0200, Andreas Beck wrote:
> > > Geez, this is _NOT_ meant to start a war or discussion on this mailinglist
> > > as well. Instead I just merely want to point out what is going on so that
> > > we _know_ about it.
> > Users can make their own choices as to whether to run the mainstream kernel
> > or KGI.  I'm not even considering writing any kgicon drivers at this point.
>
> Same feeling here. I do not care about the Linux kernel, and the folks there
> can do what they want. The KGI sources are there, and if they want to use
> them, feel free.
>
> But _I_ will not write any code for the Linux kernel to make use of KGI,
> except if I feel some personal need for it for testing purposes, my own
> private use or similar.
>
> So if we don't find someone here, that would like to take the challenge,
> we should better tell the folks there to stop worrying.

	Hi, i have found this on going battle to be pretty interesting.. and i
	think the kernel guys are being really dumb about it, but wouldn't
	KGI be better off in the kernel then not in the kernel?.. I haven't seen
	much of this battle, but i was really looking forward for 2.3 because i
	thought kgi was finally going to be part of it.. :\, are you sure
	its not worth atleasting put up a fight for it this time ?.. now
	don't get me wrong.. im not trying to be pushy or anything..
	im just disappointed by it not going into 2.3.. but if KGI will
	work aswell with linux as it would if it was in the main stream kernel
	then i don't care :))

	I love you ggi guyz :>

	john