  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 14:58:40 +0200

Re: fbdev/linvtsw problem

> 	I have been seeing this problem for a while now, and since I just did
> a fresh degas checkout and install on my box which was just upgraded from
> Redhat 5.2 to 6.0 and the problem is still present I guess I'd better bring
> it up.  The problem is that I cannot run any GGI apps using the fbdev target
> unless I am root.  I have set the permissions on /dev/fbx correctly.  Another
> odd thing is that XGGI 1.6.0 still works fine!  Only programs built against
> LibGGI within the last month or so on my system exhibit this behavior.

This is very odd. I do not see this behaviour here ...

Wait - I'll do a complete rebuild of GII/GGI - LibGII done - LibGGI done.

No - can't reproduce it.

Could you try attaching gdb from the second console you switch to to see
what happens ?

It really defies the idea of GGI, if you have to be root.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =