  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : creichen@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
  Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 22:48:46 +0200 (MEST)

Re: libggi troubles on sparc-sun-solaris2.5

Hi !

> I'm having troubles with GGI on Solaris. The problem occurs when I try
> to run a program compiled for libggi (snapshot 05/11) over an ssh
> connection:
> ggiOpen() opens a visual (an empty X window), but does not return.

Hmm - I checked the problem locally, and apparently I do not have it on
Linux/x86, running on xggi on top of the pm2free kgicon driver.

However I have encountered a few random hangs that might be attributed to
refreshing too fast over a network connection.

This went away by using "GGI_MANSYNC_FPS=1 ./demo" which drops the
framerate accordingly.

Also give the xlib target a try, as it is better for remote connections
(which is what an ssh connection basically is).

However it shouldn't segfault at ggiOpen.

Marcus - is that the bug you talked about recently, or do we have another
one to investigate ?

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =