  From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 12:50:40 -0700

Re: SVGAlib target update

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 08:46:28PM +0200, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> I've given the SVGAlib target a long due overhaul.
> It's should now be fully functional again, including working VT
> switching and support for GGICMD_NOHALT_ON_UNMPAP. In addition you
> should now also be able to use pthreads on the SVGAlib target
> - regardless of your kernel, libc and SVGAlib version!

Thanks Marcus, I've been a bit annoyed with the svgalib target of late
and will give this a closer look and let you know if anything that used
to work no longer does or something.

Did you ever have any luck getting zgv working with the svgalib WRAPPER
by chance?  The svgalib target is cool, but not if I'm in matroxfb or
kgicon.  And of course if I'm in kgicon I'm limited to only being able to
use the demos and xggi in -noxfreeemu mode which is at best annoying
because I can't seem to get scripts with sleep to work, I have to start
the server, open another terminal, export DISPLAY, and start running
commands.  Quite frustrating actually..  That's why I'm so glad to see
some accelleration support for matroxfb.

Of course, I'd still DIE without quake and zgv, so either the matroxfb
driver needs to become able to support a Millennium I for SVGAlib (Oak
driver) or the SVGAlib wrapper needs to support zgv.  =>  Still working
on getting quake to work, I have to build libc5 libs for that.  *sigh*

<muggles> i'm trying to convince some netcom admins i know to convert
          to Debian from RH, netgod, but they are DAMN stubborn
<muggles> why RH users so damned hard headed?
<Espy> it's the hat