  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:02:34 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: XGGI

Hi !

> GPM repeater? Is that the gpm I have running on my console? I had gpm
> running on my console, is that a problem? I did kill it after a while,
> though, and I think I tried all the settings after that.

If you have gpm running, it is often advisable (anyway) to use the
gpm -R flag, which will turn on repeater mode. This creates a "fake"
device /dev/gpmdata which has a virtual mousesystems mouse attached
to it.

This is usually a good way to work around mouse troubles when the mouse
works fine with gpm.

I usually recommend to start gpm with the appropriate real devicefile
(/dev/ttyS? that is) and symlink /dev/mouse with /dev/gpmdata.

This keeps configuration at a single place as well.

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>