  From: Ketil Froyn <ketilf@ifi.uio.no>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:17:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: svgalib configuration for GII mouse input

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Niklas Höglund wrote:

> I think it's very confusing that GII uses svgalibs configuration
> files. A decent way of doing this would be to let configure detect the
> mouse and make install install a file in /usr/local/etc/ggi/ with
> information on what mouse to use. That's the place I (and probably
> many others) look for configuration related to GGI.

I agree. But that does not mean the syntax has to change, so that SVGAlib
users can copy libvga.conf or symlink to it from here, and have a working
setup. I don't know about the configure detecting the mouse, but at least
a file like SVGAlib's default could be put there if there isn't one from
before.

Ketil Froyn
--
He who Laughs, Lasts.