  From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  To  : ggi develop list <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 16:48:52 +0200 (MEST)

Re: 3d programming

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Alex Roberts wrote:

> i've been out of the graphics programming scene for too long (i lost interest
> in my last project, about last november or so).
> today i decided to start doing something in 3d, i don't know yet, probably a
> version of the game i was writing some time ago in real 3d.
>
> i know the basics of GGI.. but i've been seeing stuff on GGI3d recently and
> i wanted to know if any releases of it had been made at all, and if there were
> any docs on it. it's either that or OpenGL/Mesa (which i understand a little more
> since i've done trig and more algebra at school).
>
> so, any info would be nice
>
> thanks
> --
>  /- bse@dial.pipex.com - Alex Roberts - http://bsenet.cjb.net -\
>  | ***** The New Breed of gEdit is  here ** gEdit 0.5.1  ***** |
>  \---- .Signature v3.2-270299 ---------- http://gedit.pn.org --/

Hi!

I am programming on a 3DtoolKit (3dtk). The latest release (alpha3-pre3)
supports:

- Z-Buffer
- textures
- reading bitmaps (pcx, tga with RLE compression, lbm/pbm, bmp (both Window and OS/2) )
- flat-shading
- you can use fixed or float point math
- camera, which allows you to turn and move around you want
- edge spanning on polygons

Now I am hacking in "progressive polygonnet" and a better object
file-format.

I am happy, if you test it. Don't safe with critic and improvement
suggestions!

You can download it from ftp://ftp.ggi-project.org/pub/ggi/misc/3dtk/

Cheers,

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de