  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 23:44:41 +0200 (MEST)

Re: XGGI

Hi !

> I have now tried to get my mouse working without much success... Shouldn't
> this more or less be a matter of copying the settings from XF86Config?

If it works fine there, yes.

> That doesn't work at all for me. In XF86Config I have
> Protocol "MouseSystems"
> Device "/dev/mouse" # symlink to ttyS1
> ClearDTR # If this is not included, the mouse doesn't work at all

This sounds like a multiprotocol mouse.

> When I set the exact same in libvga.config, the mouse doesn't react at
> all. When I try the MouseMan protocol, it works OK, except my center
> button doesn't work. And once, after some time, the buttons stopped
> working altogether.

This is weird. Try turning on GGI_DEBUG=255 to get more info.

You have turned on the ClearDTR in the libvga.config ?
Do you have permission to change line parameters there ? It might be a
problem of not being able to open the device read/write.

Anyway, GGI_DEBUG should help to diagnose the problem.

> Is this a ggi-issue or an SVGAlib issue? I'm a little confused here...

It is a GGI issue, if you are running on fbcon.

We just happen to use the SVGAlib config file, to avoid making up yet
another config-file.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =