  From: Ketil Froyn <ketilf@ifi.uio.no>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 22:17:52 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: XGGI

On Sun, 9 May 1999 becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> > When I run XGGI, it starts up in 640x480 mode. That is great.
> > The only problem is that my mouse doesn't work, so there's not
> > much I can do.
> Have you configured your mouse ? If you have SVGAlib installed, I recommend
> to set your mouse in /etc/vga/libvga.conf .

I have now tried to get my mouse working without much success... Shouldn't
this more or less be a matter of copying the settings from XF86Config?
That doesn't work at all for me. In XF86Config I have
Protocol "MouseSystems"
Device "/dev/mouse" # symlink to ttyS1
ClearDTR # If this is not included, the mouse doesn't work at all

When I set the exact same in libvga.config, the mouse doesn't react at
all. When I try the MouseMan protocol, it works OK, except my center
button doesn't work. And once, after some time, the buttons stopped
working altogether.

Is this a ggi-issue or an SVGAlib issue? I'm a little confused here...

Ketil Froyn
--
He who Laughs, Lasts.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/