  From: Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco@sonic.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:34:40 -0700

Re: building Mesa for ggi

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 03:00:11PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
> Can anyone help: I amtrying to build Mesa (3.0) for GGI (2.0beta 2). There
> is supposed to be a patch on mesa3d.org, but it is empty. I fixed a few
> things (header file naming), but I am getting vast numbers of errors.
> Someone out there must surely have a working patch?
>
> thanks

Once again I would like to direct ppl to the debian source archives. Get
ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/unstable/main/source/libs/mesag3+ggi*

once you have this, unpack the .tar.gz, and apply the diff. Make sure to
use patch -p1 from the resulting directory, there's some target name
trickery dpkg's source utils use.

Anyway, then just execute 'make linux-386-ggi'

The latest version of ggiMesa is vastly improved thanks to Graydon. He's
made the bit depth problems related to buffering vanish, and loose ends in
the display (polygons appearing in the wrong places, silhouettes, and
interference) have all disappeared.

The main advantage that ggimesa has over mesa targetted at X is that ggimesa
refreshes many more times per second than its counterpart. No matter how
large the display is.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson