  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 15:09:55 +0000

Re: Mouse in GII is acting wierd

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
> > > YES. Would also help for other stuff. It would especially help LibGII and
> > > LibGGI to avoid having to reconfigure the confdir every time, if they can
> > > get it from LibGG.
>
> > Reconfigure the confdir?
>
> What I meant was that I have to remember to use --enable-confidir on _all_
> LibGG* ./configure runs, if I installed in a nonstandard place (e.g. as I'm
> not root).
>
> > This is the function I meant and which I've now implemented:
> > const char *giiGetConfDir(void) { return giiconfdir; }
> > ;-)
>
> Ahem - gii ? Shouldn't we rather have that in gg ?

Not really IMO. I'd like to keep LibGG as stateless, and independent
of GII/GGI, as possible, and hardcoding a GII/GGI config dir into the
library would even be sort of a circular depencdency.

If we really want to have the confdir fixed to one place it should
be in LibGII, not in LibGG. Hmm, how about this - the default is
for LibGGI to get the confdir with giiGetConfDir(), but it can be
overriden at configure-time with --enable-confdir ?

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se