  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 02:14:07 +0100 (MET)

Re: Mouse in GII is acting wierd

Hi !

> > Hmm - a "good guess" type parser should be pretty easy: [...]
> > That should read pretty much any sane XF86config file. If someone breaks
> > lines and such, it's his fault IMHO.
> Hmm, yes this can atually be implemented using ggGetFileOpt(). I'll
> probably add that.

Good. TNX. Mouse stuff was a small showstopper even for me when swiching
to kgicon again, and I know LibG* well enough to quickly recover, but ...

> > >           /* FIXME - try <confdir>/input-linux-mouse when we have a
> > >              way to get <confdir> */
> > YES. Would also help for other stuff. It would especially help LibGII and
> > LibGGI to avoid having to reconfigure the confdir every time, if they can
> > get it from LibGG.

> Reconfigure the confdir?

What I meant was that I have to remember to use --enable-confidir on _all_
LibGG* ./configure runs, if I installed in a nonstandard place (e.g. as I'm
not root).

> This is the function I meant and which I've now implemented:
> const char *giiGetConfDir(void) { return giiconfdir; }
> ;-)

Ahem - gii ? Shouldn't we rather have that in gg ?

> We already have two parsers for config files in LibGG, so we shouldn't
> need to add any more...
O.K. - we can extend them if required.

CU, ANdy

--