  From: Jacek Konieczny <jajcus@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:35:27 +0100

Re: Re: Sprites in video memory

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 12:06:04AM +0100, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> Don't make anything that sits on top of LibGGI. Make it a LibGGI
> extension library instead. We should have an extension for allocating
> offscreen videoram for different sort of buffers/pixmaps/caches.
>
> One of the beauties of LibGGI is that you are not limited by it's API.
> LibGGI is designed to be small and provide only basic operations,
> but it has an extension mechanism which allows you to add functions,
> or even modify the behaviour of existing functions, without needing
> to build it on top of existing functions.
>
> The "misc" extension in libggi/extensions/misc is a good example of
> how extensions can work.

I think, that making it a part of regular GGI API would be better.
Many targets would benefit from it. For X targets such buffers can be X
pixmaps. For framebuffer - part of framebuffer memory. For others - part
of normal memmory.

Greets,
      Jacek
--
!      ,  !            Jacek Konieczny, Gliwice, Poland            !