  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:39:57 -0800 (PST)

Re: Mouse in GII is acting wierd

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> >
> >         So now I have 2D accels working on my driver, and I want to fire
> > up XGGI and test things out.  But my mouse just pegs itself at the top of
> > the screen and jitters around when I move it, and the buttons don't work
> > at all.  inputdump.c gives the same results.  Yes, I explicitly set
> > GII_INPUT=linux-mouse:ps2,/dev/psaux - no difference at all.  I have a
> > newer Logitech two-button with that roller thingy, but it still plugs
> > into the PS2 mouse port - would this make a difference?
>
> Could you try some other program that can use PS/2 mice (gpm,
> svgalib or XFree) and see if it works? If that works there's
> something strange going on which will give me a big headache. ;-)

	I am using XFree86_FBdev, and the XF86Config mouse section says it
is a PS/2 mouse.  And it works fine.  There's your headache, I guess...
let me know if I can help.  BTW, it is a 3-button mouse - turns out the
roller can also be clicked as the middle button.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed