  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:14:20 -0800 (PST)

Re: KGI, descent/gsi webpages

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, WHS wrote:

> L.S.
>
> Descent/GGI/GSI web pages:
> --------------------------
> Are now at the address below so update any links now please.
>

> KGI on OpenBSD:
> ---------------
> Don't expect fast progress (I think most has been done though) on the
> OpenBSD port as I'm working on other stuff too (like the obsd sound
> system, and of course GSI).
>
> Here's a few details (mailing from linux, not obsd, so from memory):
> kii.h contains 2 kgi_* types which should be kii_*.
>
> Moved all kgi/kii stuff (including headers) to /sys/dev/kgi and
> /sys/dev/kii.
> Moved GGI headers to /sys/ggi (all the libggi stuff will go there too).
> (public headers also go into /usr/include/dev/kgi, /usr/include/dev/kii,
> /usr/include/ggi)
>
> Nuked a macro that by GCC 2.8.1

	You should really try to avoid using any "official" FSF versions
of gcc >2.7.2.3.  They are all quite buggy.  EGCS should be used unless
there is a good reason not to, its the standard now for sure.

> Mailing lists:
> what?

	Midterms+vacations, I imagine.  I still see new commits to the
Degas CVS tree almost every day, but they are mostly bug-fixes now that
LibGGI 2.0 beta 2 is getting ready to be released.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed