  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:25:06 -0500 (EST)

Re: Doh. (LibGGIAuxBuf)

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Brian Julin wrote:
> The non-clipped versions of the sub-renderer's functions are not
> available from outside the sub-renderer's dll, and so they cannot be
> called,

I was wrong here, which helps.  *pixel_nc, *hline_nc, *vline_nc all
have drawops slots.  There is no *box_nc or crossblt_nc
operation, but I don't see a reason why one couldn't be added for
internal use?

That still leaves me in the lurch for ways to override the
following:

LIBGGI_CURWRITE() and LIBGGI_CURREAD()
LIBGGI_FB_W_STRIDE() and LIBGGI_FB_R_STRIDE()
                          Using a shortened ggi_directbuffer and moving
                          these to the top would let me do it by
	                  merely overriding the db struct pointers,
			  or integrate "grid" support into base visual
                          and use as frame mechanism.
LIBGGI_GC_FGCOLOR()       could use PutPixel and supply value,
	                  but what of Hline/Vline/box?
LIBGGI_VIRTX()            not needed -- use drawbox instead of fillscreen
LIBGGI_VIRTY()            not needed -- use drawbox instead of fillscreen

--
P.C.M.C.I.A. stands for "Plastic Connectors May Crack If Adjusted"
                                                             -- me