  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:51:53 -0800 (PST)

LibGGI3D status report

	It works again!  Check it out if interested.  Everything has been
implemented except for the visual module and the overloaded ggiFlush()
function.  The demo isn't much, but it along with the Z-buffer and
'renderworld' modules should serve to demonstrate most of the concepts.
All the autoconf/automake/libtool stuff should be working too, and the
build&install system appears to be bug-free.

	The old system compiled all the modules into a static .a file
which was statically linked to LibGGI3D apps.  This has been changed in
the new system to LibGG dynamic libraries, just like LibGII and LibGGI.
Now you just call one function, ggi3d_load_module() and pass it the name
of a /etc/ggi/libggi3d.conf entry.  The full registry system will be built
on top of this later on.  This allowed me to remove one of the LibGGI3D
functions, ggi3d_register_module_class(), so now there are only three
functions in the API:

ggi3d_load_module()
ggi3d_handle_data()
ggi3d_command()

	Next week I'll start writing visual modules for LibGGI and my KGI
driver.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'