  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:45:03 +0100

Re: Matrox specs updated.

Steven Purchase wrote:

> > > I don't know of a way to make it the secondary card yet. I know there
> > > must be a way to get the kernel to choose the SiS chipset over the
> > > Matrox, but I haven't found it yet. I'd appreciate some hints or a
> > > pointer to a document.
> >
> > The kernel haven't got anything to do with that.
> > Just swap PCI slots for the cards.
>
> That's the problem - the SiS chipset is on the motherboard, and I
> can't see any mention of graphics priorities in the BIOS setup.

Ah, ok. Have you checked the motherboard for jumpers (maybe
undocumented) ? Otherwise the SiS driver must either be able to run
in MMIO only mode (which must be supported by the SiS chipset), or
be able to wake the SiS chipset up into VGA mode once the Millennium II
has entered MMIO only mode.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se