  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:37:38 -0500 (EST)

Re: strange GGI crashes

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Nathan Strong wrote:
> If I use 'insmod kgicon.o kgicon_width=640 kgicon_height=400
> kgicon_bpp=13' I then get a color 80x25 console, but the demos lock my
> computer up solid. (I ran them setting GGI_DEBUG=255, does that output get
> logged anywhere? It wasn't in /var/log/messages when I looked..)

They go out on stderr.  Run again and redirect 2> filename, and use Magic
SYSRQ to sync your disks before you reboot.  See
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysrq.txt
You might also be able to get your console back by using Magic SYSRQ's k
and r commands.

--
P.C.M.C.I.A. stands for "Plastic Connectors May Crack If Adjusted"
                                                             -- me