  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:50:53 +0000

Re: Java/GGI update...

teunis wrote:

> Okay.  I have frames! :)
> Stupid memory bug kept me going a while.
> Soon as I know it's working I'll upload somewhere (where?  Dunno... Where
> SHOULD I upload this?)

ftp.ggi-project.org might be a good place ;)

> Anyways this is now quite multithreaded.  Is this a problem on any
> platform?  I -can- guard the GGI calls but I've been assuming that GGI has
> its own thread protection... does it?

LibGGI is intended to work with threaded apps, but whether it does
or not is still left to see.

> I use KGI.  Don't know how this'll run under svgalib.

Probably not currently, but this most probably can be fixed.

> .. how do I get XGGI to recognize both shift keys?

The simple answer is that you wait a week or so for the next release
of XGGI. (The less simple answer is that you use a current version
of LibGII/LibGGI and compile XGGI - after fixing the XGGI compile
errors)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se