  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:55:51 +0000

Re: degas observations

Nathan Strong wrote:
> kgicon/README.install:
>
> - The kernel configuration section is completely inadequate. Which items
>   exactly need to be chosen in 'make config'? What about 'make
>   menuconfig'? It'd also be good to reccomend here  that the "magic sysrq
>   key" option be enabled, "just in case."
> - I want to personally clobber whoever suggested the boneheaded idea of
>   building fbset *after* insmodding the KGI module. This should clearly be
>   done beforehand, because if something goes screwy during the insmod
>   (like, say, being stuck in 40x12 column mode *cough*), doing much of
>   anything becomes ostensibly difficult.

Good points.

> lib/*/INSTALL
>
> Talk about your useless documentation. Why exactly should/shouldn't I  use
> any of the --disable/enable options?

If you don't know you shouldn't use any of them.
We should probably state that.

> What commands should be used to build the libraries?

./configure
make
make install
which is clearly stated in INSTALL.autoconf

> Which libraries absolutely need to be built?

None. Or all. Depending on what you want to achieve.
Anything special you have in mind?

> It'd also be nice to have a toplevel makefile in the lib/ directory that
> builds the "absolutely necessary" libraries.

Well CVS is for development, and if anyone feels that would help
development he's free to add the functionality, but then make sure
it works.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se