  From: Jason McMullan <jmcc@ontv.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: 8 Mar 1999 16:05:27 GMT

Re: Sprites in video memory

   Here's an idea - make the visuals _smaller_.

   Ok, let's call the function tables in the visuals the `Visual Class'.
Now, take the visual class info out of the visual structure. Replace
it with a `Class ID'.

   Now, whenever a mode is set, all that is in the visual structure
is the Class ID. For sprites, a new function ggiOpenLike(visual)
would attempt to create a new visual of the same size and bit depth
with the same class ID.

   Ideas?

--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc
  I can't wait until the point where free Linux CD's or other paraphenalia is