  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : Rick Graham <rick@bitflash.com>
  Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 02:15:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: A Java VM that uses svgalib?

I'm running (current) snapshot of GGI (reccommend going with snapshots
here for those not following GGI development)

Anyways, if anyone's interested I should have an operational "java"
replacement for GGI sometime soon.

I'm just working on getting some substitute components working + basic
fonts and images.  Events was fun :)

I -can't- release any source yet because as a bit of a workaround while I
was busy trying to decide how to implement code pieces I substituted some
Java-1.2 source bits in.  These -will- be removed before anything is
released!

It's C++ in case that bothers anyone.  I'm also messing about with making
it both Java-1.1 and Java-1.2 complient (I -really- like Java 1.2 - it's
just not operational under Linux yet *sigh*)

If anyone else out there has attacked this PLEASE let me know!  I wouldn't
mind comparing notes...

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis

PS: *le really deep sigh*.  If Java-1.2 -were- operational under Linux,
this whole project would be done by now!