  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 20:06:46 +0000

Re: XGGI!

David Cougle wrote:

> Ok, I can start XGGI, but mouse does not work,

Have you configured the mouse for LibGII?

> resolution is 640x480,

Just set a different one, see below.

> my WM does not start.

Then you probably haven't started it. No X-server starts a window
manager, you need a script or something like xdm or xinit for that.

> Isn't there a text file I can store all of this information in or
> something so that I can just type "XGGI" to start it?

XGGI is just an X-server, if you want to start other programs with
a single command you need a script as with any other X-server.

> I obviously need to store...
> font path

Shouldn't be necessary, see my other mail.

> resolution

Specified on the command line or with normal LibGGI envvars. See
doc/env.txt in the LibGGI distribution and the XGGI README.

> monitor info?

No, that's the job of the graphics driver.

> mouse info

No, just configure your mouse for LibGII. See doc/inputs.txt in
the LibGII distribution.

> keyboard info(104 key)

As Andy said there's nothing to configure, just load a national
keymap unless you want a US keyboard mapping.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se