  From: Achim Kaiser <Achim_Kaiser@t-online.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 18:54:36 +0000

Re: Riva TNT: Accellerated Mesa drivers !!!

No!

Evan Martin wrote:
> I'm not so sure of the 3D support.
> The instructions tell you to replace libMesaGL.so with their provided
> libGL.so .  I tried running some of the examples included with some
> GL tutorials, and didn't notice a big difference.  A few of them ran,
> and a few of them segfaulted.
Make sure, that you delete the old mesa library! Do not use "mv" to make
a backup.
ldconfig changes the links to the backup file!

I have a RivaTNT and I MUST say that I'm impressed. I'm running "bzflag"
in 1152x864
with 20 frames/sec. All settings are set to maximum.
Without hardware acceleration I get 1 Picture in 3 sec. WOW!!!

You are right, not all mesa demos are running. But the most, including
"fire". Very nice!

Hardware : Pentium II 350MHz 128MB
           RivaTNT AGP

Achim